Lisbon Calling...

domingo, fevereiro 04, 2007

On the road to Helsinki: Slovenia, Malta, Poland and Estonia have decided

The semi-final lineup is building up with the 4 new songs choosen yesterday!
***
Slovenia: It's been a long time since I've been asking for a full opera song in ESC and one my favourite countries in the competition made my wish come true. Alenka Gotar won Ema 2007 with Cvet z juga (Flower of the South). I like this song, it's very Balcanic ESC and i'm hopping for a super mega re- shake so I can love it even more. On the negative side the performance was very week and the backing singers/ dancers were awfull...

***

Malta: Well Olivia finally did it and she will be singing Vertigo in Helsinki. I also like this song but i'm not shure how the European audience will react to it.

***

Poland: Keeping with their tradition they sended the group that should have won the year before and so The Jet Set won with Time to Party. Not my kind of song, very diferent from ESC style but like Lordi proved last year diferent is good in this contest...

****

Estonia: Gerli Padar with Partners in crime won in Estonia, its a nice song its not great but not bad either. Modern song and so like her brother before her she can be a real surprise next May.