Lisbon Calling...

terça-feira, abril 24, 2007

Lisbon calling Warsaw and Bucharest

Country: Poland
Performers: The Jet Set
Music by: Mateusz Krezan
Lyrics by: Kamil Varen, David Junior Serame
Review: Poland is becoming the eternal 11th in the semi-final. They missed the 2005 final by just 4 points and the 2006 final stayed at only 6 points away...
Time to party is a happy, modern, American/MTV kinda of song, that should go down well with most viewers.
The Jet Set give a nice performance of their song on stage, very appealing and modern in the right way. Its looks like a "live" music video with 3 minutes.
So all seems to be fine here, but will the european audience fall in love with this style of song? I must be honest and say I dont like it particularly.
***
Country: Romenia
Performers: Todomondo
Music by: Mister M
Lyrics by: Mister M, Vlad Creţu, Ghedi Kamara
Review: I still dont get this song...
Is it a comedy song? A Eurovisionesque multilingual song? Pop? Folk? I just dont know!
Fans seem to like it, I dont see anything special about it, its just a big mess in my opinion.
Bring back Dracula, my love.