Lisbon Calling...

quarta-feira, maio 10, 2006

Russia: Never let you go

Russia is one of my favourite countries in the Eurovision Song Contest. Youddiph with her wonder dress and Vyechnie stranik; male diva Philip Kirkorov with is dramatic performane of Kolibelnaya dlya vulkana and his Primadonna wife Alla Pugacheva are true Eurovision classics and are among my all time favourite songs.
In the more recent years they have send some big names to the contest, with modern pop/ pop-rock songs, including the infamous t.A.t.U with and awfull song that got has mutch boos from the audience in Riga has votes from the European audience.
This year they will be represented by Dima Bilan and the song Never let you go. Music by Alexandr Lunyov and lyrics by Karen Kavaleryan and Irina Antonyan.
In my modest opinion Russia stands a pretty good chance with this song. Its modern for younger audiences but, at the same time its a ballad that can also get the atention of the housewifes and the more mature viewers. And of course it will also get many, many points from the former U.S.S.R. countries and from fans with a good taste, like me.
I confess this is one of my favourite songs, I like everything about it. I now hope Dima wont ruinned is chances with a crappy performance, like Julia Savicheva in 2004.
Points for the song: 12 (from 1 to 8, 10 and 12)
And for the video: 5 (from 1 to 5)
.
Welcoming this song in the Eurovision is Also and her song Solo.