Lisbon Calling...

sexta-feira, abril 27, 2007

Lisbon calling Ljubljana and Madrid

Country: Slovenia
Performer: Alenka Gotar
Music by: Andrej Babić, Aleksandar Valenčića
Lyrics by: Andrej Babić, Aleksandar Valenčića
Review: This song was Andrej's third attempt in three years to win EMA, all his other songs were favourites to win the event but always lost because of the 50/50 voting (jury plus televote). He started with Metulj in 2005, a very special song, he them went a little camper last year with Mandoline and this year he went completly crazy and made this ode to campness, opera meets balcan disco, called Cvet z juga.
I love Eurovision so camp songs are not really an issue with me but there is something in this song that hasn't yet reached my Eurovision heart...
I think my biggest set back here was the performance in the national final, it was just awfull! So bad I've not been able to love this properly. That and the fact Eva Cerne had such a cool song, a fantastic dress and only came second (she would have won if they had a jury)...
Slovenia won the OGAE Portugal preview's meeting early this month (I didn't give it any point) and has scored well in other meethings across Europe so fans clearly like it, will the audience agree?
***
Country: Spain
Performers: D'Nash
Music by: Thomas G:son, Andreas Rickstrand
Lyrics by: Tony Sanchez-Ohlsson, Rebeca Pous del Toro
Review: There is no country I would love to see win Eurovision more them Spain. They kinda tried too in the early 00's and almost had really good chances this year too. They had nice songs and nice singers but then went totally crazy and choose the worse method to do a national final ever...
The result was combination of boysband D'Nash singing another G:son theme I Love you mi vida, a song clearly intended for a female soloist, or at least a soloist! There is no chance for them now, I like D'Nash and I like the song but never in a million years will they match... Plus they will sing in the place of death, 2nd in the Final.
Still this is a long way from those Ketchup girls thing from last years contest. There is still hope for our vizinhos, maybe Madrid 2009?

2 Comentários:

  • Slovenia is one of my favourites and I can really see it winning. I hope the performance does the song justice on the night and it gets the placing it deserves (...I've put a bet on it!)

    Por Anonymous Anónimo, Às 22:30  

  • Good luck with your bet Marc! Let's hope Alenca can provide a nice performane on the semi-final, them maybe she can reach the final. I hope Andrej Babić and the other backing singers/ dancers she used on EMA stay in the green room this time...

    Por Blogger Francisco C., Às 12:56  

Enviar um comentário



<< Página inicial