Lisbon Calling...

terça-feira, maio 16, 2006

Ukraine: Show me you love

Ukraine is participating in the Eurovision Song Contest for the 4th time this year. They won the contest at their 2nd attempt in Istanbull with Ruslana and the song Wild dances and hosted a very professional show last year in Kiev.
This year they will be represented by the stunning Tina Karol and the song Show me you love, previously called I'm your queen. There is no doubt that the first title was much more diva-ish, and consequently Eurovisionesque, but the truth is that Show me you love is, in my opinion, a great song.
The song was composed by Tina, in colaboration with Mikhail Nekrasov and the lyrics were writen by Pavel Shilko.
Show me your love follows the recent winning Eurovision tradition of mixing pop music with more traditional/ ethnic elements. I just love the break in the midle of the song.
Tina Karol has a powerfull voice and judging by the promotional clip and from some videos of the rehaarsals she is also a good liver performer.
This song has been climming constantly in my personal chart and if all goes well on the semi final I wouldnt mind if Ukraine won the ESC again.
Points for the song: 12 (from 1 to 8, 10 and 12)
And for the video: 5 (from 1 to 5)
.
Welcoming Tina in this year's contest is Ruslana and Wild dances.