Lisbon Calling...

domingo, setembro 17, 2006

Song of the week: Energy

The "wonderfull world of leather" invades this week's Song of the week post with the song Energy by slovenian diva Nuša Derenda. This is one of my favourite 2001 songs and also one of my favourite slovenian entries, although I must confess that I am a big fan of the songs from the EX-Yugoslavia states, specially the ones from Slovenia. On the big night Energy ended in 7th place with 70 points, repeting the country best result a 7th place back in 1995.
The composers of this song were Matjaž Vlašič, Urša Vlašič and Lucienne Lonchina. Matjaž and Urša were also the composers of 1998 slovenian song Naj bogovi slišijo and from this year's entry Mr. Nobody.
I desire the day when Nuša will return to the big Eurovison stage, but I would advice her to skip the bondage look...

Energy

Energy - oh... what you do to me
Your rhythm runs right through me, you're my destiny
My whole life is one big fantasy
And yet the closer that I get, you're further away

Energy - I feel such energy
Electric runs right through me, I'm in ecstasy
Your caress, the sweetness on your lips
But the closer that I get, you're drifting away

With every heartbeat, I'm electrified
With just one look, your body moves me, moves me
If for one second you'd remember me
Then I would break free from these chains that are wrapped around me

Energy - I feel such energy
Your rhythm runs right through me, I'm in ecstasy
Your caress, the sweetness on your lips
But the closer that I get, you're drifting away

Oh energy - I feel such energy
Electric runs right through me, you're my destiny, oh...
My whole life is one big fantasy, oh...
And all I am means nothing 'til you're here with me

Energy


You can watch Nuša's performance in the ESC 2001 by clicking here.